I started Project Life in 2012. I was so focused on trying to make it like other Project Lifers creative pages that I forgot what my purpose was: TO CAPTURE THE MOMENTS IN OUR EVERYDAY LIVES.
When I was trying to decide whether or not to do Project Life in 2013, I needed to make a change to simplify this year. Here are my Five Survival Tips:
1. Organize supplies so they are easy to find. Project Life kits, tape, pens, embellishments such as date stamp, rub on letters, days of the week stickers, letter stickers, washi tape, etc.
2. Identify tools that you can use to capture your week:
– iPhone camera, Digital camera, iPad
– Voice Notes on iPhone or iPad to capture stories
– Instagram to dress up photos
– notes on iPhone or iPad to capture things I want to say during the week
– location to store memorabilia throughout the week. Mine is on top of my Project Life basket.
3. Know your Purpose! Project Life is whatever you want it to be: creative outlet, photography display, or story telling of your daily life. This year my purpose is to TELL the stories. I am not worried about keeping up with the latest creativity trends. I am using the supplies I have and focusing on capturing the story.
4. Keep it Simple. Simplicity with this project has allowed me to keep up this year and enjoy the process more. One key way I have simplified the process over last year was to use the Design A and Design I protectors only. This enables me to quickly select the pictures and journaling cards needed for my page layouts.
5. Plan for the week: try to develop some consistency with when you work on your album. If you develop some habits early on, it will help you update your album weekly. My process is to upload pictures on Sunday night to my favorite photo lab near work. Then depending on my schedule, I pickup either Monday or Tuesday. I add the photos to my album then work on my journaling cards. My goal each week is to to get layout completed by Wednesday night.
This is truly one of the most meaningful ways I have ever used to scrapbook our lives. I am enjoying the process, the moments, the ease of use, and the end result. By simplifying it, I am able to keep up each week while having two little boys at my feet.
Capture. Purpose. Simplify. Enjoy.
Please check out the next blog hop participant (blog hop goes live April 12 at 4am PST)
Here are the rest of the participants in this Celebratory Blog Hop – enjoy!!!!
Michelle R http://MichelleRoger.wordpress.com
Michelle B www.michellebostinelos.com/blog